BCF ANNOUNCES NEW CAPTAINS FOR ENGLAND’S SENIOR AND JUNIOR NATIONAL CULINARY TEAMS
BCF member Adam Thomason, MCA will captain England’s team for the Culinary World Cup in Luxembourg in 2022. This competition will be the team’s focus over the next two years. Adam replaces Simon Webb who has stepped down after many successful years in the role. Adam competed with the team this year in Stuttgart, winning double silver medals and has a wealth of industry experience and competition knowledge.
Presently Executive Chef at the All England Tennis Club, Wimbledon with Levy-Compass Group. Previously, Executive Chef for Genuine Dining Company with Restaurant Associates at Deloitte in London.
Adam started his career at the Michelin-starred restaurant, Sat Bains with Rooms, spending three years there before moving on to Copenhagen, Denmark to gain further experience at Sankt Annae, Michelin-starred Formel B and Restaurant Sletten.
Achievements to date:
· Silver medal, Culinary Olympics, Stuttgart 2020
· Catey’s Food Service Chef of the Year 2018
· Silver medal, La Parade des Chefs, Compass Team (Captain)
· 2nd place, Bocuse d’Or UK semi-finals 2017
· Master of Culinary Arts 2017
· 2nd place National Chef of the Year, 2016 & 2017
· Semi-finalist, Roux Scholarship 2016
· 2nd place Le Prix Culinaire International, Taittinger national round 2015
· Winner, Compass Chef of the Year 2014
The BCF congratulates Adam on his promotion and looks forward to working closer with him and wishes him and the team much continued success.
Sincere thanks to the previous Captain, Simon Webb, who will remain close to the team and the BCF in an advisory role.
England’s junior team Captain for the Culinary World Cup in Luxembourg 2022, proposed by Mathew Shropshall, will be BCF Young Chef member Elliot Lawn. He replaces Jack Gameson who, after a very successful time as Captain, unfortunately is now over the age limit to compete for the Junior team. Jack will be working with the new team as a mentor. Elliot started at the Young Chef Academy, which is supported by the BCF, at UCB in 2013 and has not looked back since. Enrolling on a full-time Professional Cookery course in 2014, he was encouraged to enter various competitions during his time there.
Achievements and Awards
· Three gold and one silver medal in Salon Culinaire at Hospitality Show 2015
· Silver medal at Salon Culinaire, Hotelympia 2016
· Silver and bronze medals, England’s Junior Team, Culinary Olympics, Erfurt, Germany 2016
· Silver medal, UCB Team, La Parade des Chefs, Hospitality Show 2017
· Two silver medals, England’s Junior Team, Culinary World Cup, Luxembourg 2018
· Silver medal, England’s Junior Team (Vice-Captain), Culinary Olympics, Stuttgart, Germany 2020
During his time at college, he worked at Michelin-starred Simpsons in Edgbaston, Birmingham to further his career. After leaving college, he moved to the Michelin starred Peal’s at Hampton Manor, Hampton-in-Arden. He is presently working for an event catering company cooking for exclusive clients such as Ferrari and Aston Martin.